2.14.2010

Peace.

Today I left church a little early... I was kind of upset with something my Dad told me this morning and so I decided to drive around and I ended up on the hill by the Bountiful Temple. I end up here sometimes and just find myself in thought or what not. I was listening to the 'Soft Sunday Sounds' on FM100 because I felt guilty listening to my iPod and they had a really good quote from John F. Kennedy. JFK was a man of wisdom and great knowledge. He was always striving for good in his sort term as our President. Sometimes I wonder what more he could have done if his life hadn't come to such a tragic ending, probably much more. Anyways his quote goes as follows; "Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures." This is so cool. This made me realize we're not going to find peace over night; it's a gradual process. Once we do find that peace in our lives how cool is it going to be and how much more will it mean to us now that we have put that time and effort into finding it for ourselves?! Sacrifice pays off peace. It always does. Sacrifice your time and means to find peace. It's always worth it.

So on this Valentines day I hope you're at peace with everyone and everything around you. If not, strive to make yourself be at peace. It pays off and it's 100% worth the effort to find it in your life.

0 comments:

My photo
BTFL, UT, United States
I am Dan. I'm simple minded so please don't confuse me.