2.11.2010

This addiction is worse than my addiction to Cocaine or even Heroine.



Well here is my addiction. Facebook. I don't think I'm alone either. It's pretty ridiculous how dependent we all have become on this website. Personally I check this stupid site about 50 times a day just to be disappointed to see that Taylor has become friends with Jared and that Brandon has become a fan of BYU. Who really cares about that? Not I. Do you care about the things that I am a fan of? Probably not and do I really care? Nope. I don't.

It's nice to keep up with friends that you haven't seen in a while. I have friends that live all over the world and I like to know what they're up to, but not there every single breath and movement. I love seeing pictures of them, but not when they post albums entitled "My TrIp To ThE GrOcErY sToRe 2/10/10". Again, I don't need to know your every action, but at the same time I thrive for it.

It's amazing what kind of slaves we have become to this. I check my friends statuses on my phone, at work, at home, at school and whenever I get a spare moment. I feel like I have to update my status when i get to work, when I clip my fingernails or anything else that is usual or even unusual. I peed in the swimming pool tonight in my class. Don't worry, I let my friends know about it. When I see I new movie, I post my opinion. When I see something funny, my friends can share a laugh; or at least I sure am hoping. There is another thing. When I post something, please comment on it. I think we all feel that sense of awesomeness when we get that one or two comments or someone clicks 'like' on our status. Really isn't that why we post things? To get people's approval or disapproval? Deep down I know we all can answer yes to this question.

I've had many talks with a certain friend about how we are all dragged into Facebook and other social networking things such as Twitter, evening texting, and now I'm getting sucked into Google Buzz. He has taken a 'leave' from Facebook. Gone inactive. He says his social life hasn't suffered any. He doesn't feel like he needs to know every single move of his 109 Facebook friends. He seems to be doing well, I'd even say he's doing better. i strive to be like my friend, but I just can't let go. No matter how bad I try, no matter how ridiculous I tell myself Facebook is; I just cannot let go. It is my addiction, not necessarily a bad addiction, but nonetheless an addiction.

These are my thoughts for the evening. I have thought about these probably for the last month or so and just decided to post them on my 'online journal'. I hope if you're reading this it's made sense and maybe you agree, maybe you don't. Oh well, they're just opinions and I'm entitled to them just as much as you are. I love you and hope the feeling is still mutual

0 comments:

My photo
BTFL, UT, United States
I am Dan. I'm simple minded so please don't confuse me.